CIC 2016 R3 was released May 3, 2016. In this post, I’d like to highlight 4 new features I found interesting in this release.
PureCloud for CIC Integration (Phase 1)
Phase 1 of the PureCloud for CIC Integration will enable CIC users to take advantage of the collaborative features available in PureCloud and brings users into a single environment for seamless communication between CIC and PureCloud only users. This phase includes:
Interaction Connect Improvements
- User information and status synchronization - CIC user information (e.g., name, numbers, department, status etc.) are synced into a paired PureCloud organization
- Interaction Connect user access to PureCloud Collaborate - launch PureCloud Collaborate directly from Interaction Connect via a Collaborate button in the client
- Configuration in Interaction Administrator - use an existing or create a new PureCloud organization - the PureCloud Admin user will have permissions in both CIC and PureCloud once setup is complete
Internet-Enabled Clients and Reporting
- Secure Pause - given the necessary security rights, an agent can now initiate a secure recording pause when requesting sensitive data (e.g., credit card number) via a Secure Pause icon on the queue toolbar
- Wrap-up Codes - a user can now set a wrap-up code on an ACD interaction through the Interaction Properties dialog box or the Assign a Wrap-Up Code dialog box. Administrators can associate wrap-up codes with any workgroup queue and reports are available to categorize call details by wrap-up codes
- Dial on Behalf of Workgroups - an agent with advanced dialing options (enabled by an administrator), is a member of at least one workgroup, and has at least one account code to select will now see an Advanced Dialing Options dialog box every time a call is started prompting the agent to assign the appropriate account code and/or designate a workgroup - this enables the call to count towards an agent’s and the workgroup’s statistics
Interaction Reporter, Report Manager in Interaction Administrator, and Interaction Report Assistant are available in IC Business Manager (ICBM). Internet-enabled reporting allows reporting services to execute without a direct connection from a workstation to the database server - ICBM reports can be configured to use a proxy configuration and a secure tunnel between Interaction Reporter and the reporting plug-in establishes a connection to the database. Also, IceLib applications in general (e.g., Interaction Desktop) can connect via the Internet using a publicly available reverse-proxy and WebSocket connection to Session Manager (along with other proper configuration).
Interaction Recorder Snippet Recordings
Available in Interaction Recorder, a snippet recording is a segment of a call or chat that is recorded and is manually stopped and started by a supervisor or agent via Interaction Desktop or Interaction Connect (or a through a handler). This is useful for organizations which require the ability to retain a portion of a conversation for legal purposes or for obtaining permission from a customer to proceed with an activity. This is a bit different than an Adhoc recording in that Interaction Recorder manages snippets which enables reporting, policies, encryption and other Interaction Recorder capabilities.
These are only a few of the new features of CIC 2016 R3. Contact us today to learn more!